Here are the pictures from tonight's cooking adventure:
|Getting the ingredients ready.|
|About 3/4 of the veggies are pureed and then added back into the soup.|
|The finished product!|
|A more detailed picture, complete with chicken, basil, and puree.|
|With great dinner comes great dish-sponsibility.|
This soup was tasty and satisfying. If I made it again, I'm not sure I'd puree the veggies - it made for a confusing texture since only some of them were pureed. The only thing the soup was *really* missing was a good slice or two or crusty bread to dunk with!!
Summer Chicken & Basil Soup
(Courtsey of MommyPotamus.com)
½ to 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced or shredded
½ large onion, diced
4 tbsp ghee
3 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 quart chicken broth
¼ cup basil, chopped
- Sautee onions for 4-5 minutes in 2 tbsp butter
- Add 2 more tbsp butter and zucchini, carrots, and garlic and sautee for 5 more minutes
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Ladel about 4 cups of the veggie broth mixture into the blender and puree. Pour back in to pot.
- Add basil and chicken to soup and simmer for 3-5 minutes.